Ever imagine that their lives would be so wonderful when they grew up?I don't think they had a clue...but I know it was always in God's plan!
Today on Kelly's Korner Show us your Life it is How you met your spouse.
Well let's see...I will start out by saying that I am from Harriman and Will is from Oakdale. Before we met I knew absolutely nothing about Oakdale other than that my best friend went to school there. So my best friend Monica was having her 16th birthday party up in Oakdale and she invited me to come. Her and another guy, Justin, were actually having a combined 16th birthday party. And I think Will mainly came to the party because it was Justin's birthday party too. But anyways...we were introduced at the party. I don't think either one of us was thinking at that time that we were going to be marrying the person we just met that day! I was 15 and Will was 17. We spent the rest of the night talking and enjoying the party together. I thought Will was just the most handsome guy ever! He will tell you that what really made me like him was when he did the "fat guy in a little coat" thing from Tommy Boy! But anyways...he got my number that night before we left and called me the very next night after church. We spent every night that next week on the phone just talking and learning so much about each other. We talked about church and friends and sports we played and lots of other things. We then went out on our first date just 6 days later on December 10, 1999. After some major doubts from my parents and a good grilling by my dad... we went to the Oakdale/Rockwood basketball game in Rockwood and then ate at McDonalds. It was such a simple fun time!
We spent the next 4 1/2 years going to proms, finishing high school, starting college, loving life, becoming best friends, and falling madly in love. We got married June 5, 2004, almost 6 years ago!
When I was like 12 or 13 I used to wonder who I would marry. I used to pray that whoever it was that God would watch over them at that very time and allow them to grow into the man that I needed as a husband. I never imagined that I would meet that person when I was 15.
And now...all these years later we are still so so in love and have two of the most beautiful children in the world. I know that it is all a part of God's amazing plan. I can't wait to see what all He has planned for us!
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3: 5-6


2 comments:
I don't know that I had major doubts - I think that was your DAD! If you remember, I was doing all I could to get him to agree to let you go out with someone that we knew absolutely nothing about. That is why I called Justin's dad, Jim. I think it was his recommendation that finally convinced your dad that it would be OK for you to date him! So you can thank Jim right along with Monica for getting your relationship started!!
aw such a sweet story! i like that your dad grilled him haha...cute pics too! xoxo
Post a Comment