Sunday, April 25, 2010

Easter 2010


Ok...I know Easter was over a few weeks ago...but these pictures are better late than never! We had a great Easter weekend. We started the weekend off by coloring Easter Eggs at the house. I think I needed to take a Xanax before we started this process, because it was quite stressful and anxiety-provoking! Taylor was so excited to color the eggs. She actually did a pretty good job...

It was this little man that was causing me to have a break-down! Liam kept sticking his hands down in the color and he would plop the eggs back down into the glasses, either breaking the eggs or splashing the color everywhere!

But seeing how happy it made them made me glad to put up with the mess for a little while! Taylor was so excited to see what the eggs would look like.

After coloring eggs, Kimberly and all her gang came over and we hunted Easter eggs outside.

Easter morning we got up like any other Sunday morning and all got ready for church. Here is my handsome little man all ready for church!


The kids both got new sunglasses in their Easter baskets. The Easter Bunny doesn't exist in our world so the baskets were just from me and Will. I don't think the kids cared at all and it allowed us to keep the focus more on what we are really celebrating, that Jesus rose from the grave! But here is Taylor with her new sunglasses. She thought they were the greatest thing ever!


Liam loved his glasses too! I love that little smile!

Here is the preschool choir singing at church. Me and Misty Magill worked hard to get the kids to learn their new Easter songs and they did such a great job singing them! I love how they all held hands during the whole thing!

The Smith's on Easter. This is one of the best pictures we have had taken of us in a while!

The whole family! I love them all so so much!


After church we went to Grandma's house to try to get some pictures of the kids next to her Easter flowers. It didn't go very well, but this is what we got!

So dramatic all the time!

Love her!

After we changed clothes at Grandma's house we went to Mammaw and Pappaw's house to eat lunch and hunt eggs with all the cousins there! Taylor enjoyed getting to play with the newest edition of the Headrick family...little miss Paisley. She told me on the way home that she wished she had a little sister...I told her I agreed!

Here are all the kids that were there that afternoon. We definitely missed Melanie and her crew!

This Easter was a great day of family, fellowship, and worship. We are trying to teach our kids right from the beginning how much God loves them. Taylor knew this year that Easter was special. She knew that Jesus had died but now he is alive and he lives in our heart. How simple it is that even a child can figure it out!

He is not here: for He is risen!
Matthew 28:6

No comments: