Monday, April 5, 2010

Quite the Little Cooks

Me and Taylor have been cooking quite a bit together here lately! She loves to be a big helper...and I love for us to do stuff together! One day I made a very easy chicken pot pie for the kids for lunch.Here are some of the ingredients...I always forget to take a good picture before I have opened everything!

It is called Easy Chicken Pot Pie
1 2/3 cups Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
(side note...I didn't use that exact thing, but I think next time I will use canned veggies)
1 cup cut-up cooked chicken (I used a large can of chicken)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup original bisquick mix
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Heat oven to 400
In ungreased 9 inch pie plate, stir vegetables, chicken, and soup
In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate
Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown

And here was the finished product! It was really good! But like I said before...I think I will use canned vegetables next time because the frozen ones were really crunchy and we didn't like that too much. But other than that it was really easy, quick, and good!

One of our favorite things to do together is make cookies for our boys! Taylor loves when it is time to lick the bowl! She is getting very good at pouring the ingredients in the bowl and stirring!

And here is the finished product! I think between the four of us we ate all those in one night! Oh my! But they were so so good!

The best part...eating the cookies! She is such a little sweetie pie and loves to help me in the kitchen. I love for her to help too!

No comments: