This year for Thanksgiving we went over to Nonnie and Poppy's house to enjoy a wonderful meal and family time. We had more food than we knew what to do with and lots of noise and laughter as usual. With 5 grandkids it is hard not to have a lot of noise. I am not convinced that Nonnie wanting everyone at the same table is a good thing! Sometimes I think we all just want the kids to go to another table so we can hear ourselves think!
After it got too cold outside we all came in and started making our gameplan for Black Friday. There were store circulars flying all over the living room! After last year's experience with Toys R Us, Will said he would never go shopping late at night again. But then he decided that he wanted a new TV so he was all about going then! And I was glad because I enjoyed spending the time with him!
We got home at about 7 or 8 and got the kids settled and in bed. Will's mom came over to stay with the kids at about 10:30 and then me and Will were off to Walmart at Turkey Creek. We got there around 11:15 or so and stood in different parts of the store waiting on Midnight! Will actually put some of the cheap pajamas in his buggy before midnight, but the walmart police didn't see him, so he got away with it!
We got most everything we were wanting at Walmart and then headed off to stand in line at Target. We were in for about 3 hours of standing in line at Target because they didn't open until 4AM. We weren't that far back in the Target line and were in a good place because we were under the Hobby Lobby awning and didn't have to get wet from the rain! I made a trip back to Walmart once and got a few more things that I decided I wanted and also brought back some Subway for us to eat. Then Will went back to Walmart once to use the bathroom I think. Momma and Kimberly got there about 3:30AM and got in line with us. They almost didn't get to because one of the police officers were almost going to accuse them of cutting line!
We rushed into Target when they opened and got everything we were looking for in there. Then Will headed back home and I stayed with Momma and Kimberly and shopped the rest of the day! We got home at about 5 or so I think and I was pure exhausted from no sleep. But almost all the Christmas shopping was done and I got to enjoy a wonderful day with my mom and sister. We missed Amber this year, but maybe she will get to go next year!
I know a lot of people think that Black Friday is too crazy to get out and shop in, but I love it. I enjoy getting a good deal on stuff and saving money. And sometimes it is just really funny to people watch! Because there is nothing out there that I would get mad about if I didn't get it on Black Friday. I just love to get a good deal!
2 comments:
Seeing that stump on fire cracks me up! I can just hear those boys now...LoL
I am SOOOO ready for that stump to be gone! One of these days, I am just going to make it disappear! This has been such a BIG deal for a few years now - I am over it!!
Post a Comment