Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crossville Treehouse and Chuckles Trip

Today we went to the treehouse in Crossville. I don't think this treehouse has an actual name, but from what I heard, this preacher decided that the Lord was telling him to build this treehouse and if he would build it the Lord would provide him with all the materials he needed.
So he built this HUGE treehouse in the middle of nowhere! My mom planned a trip for the children's group to go to the treehouse and then go to Chuckles in Crossville afterwards. At first I was not going to be able to go because I had 2 papers due the next Tuesday. But one of my papers got moved to a different due date, so I decided to go too! Will was glad that he didn't have to keep up with both kids by himself!

Here is the group of kids that went, along wth my Dad! Why are my kids the only ones bundled up like they are in a blizzard? I promise you it was cold out there!

The treehouse was so big! Everywhere you turned there were more stairs to go up or another room to look in. There were also a lot of just open holes and places to fall down! So it made us a little nervous to have the kids running around if we weren't right there with them. At the very very top there was a bell tower sort of thing and a few of the guys decided that they needed to climb up as high as they could and ring the bells. So here is Will making the climb! He said they weren't really bells, but empty propane tanks I think? A little crazy, but he made them clang together!

View from the top of the treehouse. Beautiful!

Looking back down at Taylor, Will, and Poppy. Taylor had a lot of fun running around this place.

There was a lawn chair attached to ropes that were attached to almost the top of the treehouse that made a swing. All the kids loved swinging in it! Here is Liam taking his turn! There were times that they were going pretty high in that swing! It looked like a lot of fun! But nobody asked me if I wanted a turn :)

Here is a view of the whole back side of the treehouse. It really was huge!

Taylor and Liam on the swing together! They weren't too happy that they were having to share a turn, but it was almost time to go and they had no choice! I think they still had fun together!

There were some homeless people living here at the treehouse. Well, Will says they aren't homeless because the treehouse is their home! But anyways, it isn't the most ideal living place. I think sometime our youth group is going to go back there and maybe camp out and help the people who live there with their garden. One lady who was there said that they planted potatoes and that is what they ate most of the time. She said that the preacher lets them live there if they will agree to keep the trash out of the treehouse and keep vandals away. I think at one point they had a big problem with teenagers coming up there and doing things they shouldn't be doing! The lady also said that the preacher had church in the treehouse a few times. There was a big sanctuary in the middle of the treeshould complete with church pews and a choir loft. Again, it was really very pretty!
After a few hours at the treehouse we all loaded back up in the church bus (which my kids love to ride on!) and made our way to Chuckles. It is kind of like a Chuck-e-Cheese. My kids had never been to a place like that before. It was quite an experience! They loved playing some of the games though and had a great time running around during the lazer tag game!
We had all gotten passes to play lazer tag. My mom had never played before and I think she had a great time. I know Taylor and all the other little ones had a good time! And guess who won?...

That's right! Me and Liam won! I think the main reason I won is because my mom kept taking pictures and everytime she did, I would just shoot her and shoot her and shoot her! She was a very easy target!
We all had a great time of fellowship together. It is so great when you can get together with people from church and just hang out and have fun! It is a reminder to the rest of the world that you don't have to be doing wrong things to have a good time!

I got to come home that evening and work on a paper. It was not fun and I had to stay up pretty late, but I am glad that I went with the rest of the family and had a good time.

1 comment:

Mona said...

I'm glad I was able to help you get your win in Laser Tag! That really was a great treehouse to climb in!